Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Call!

I'm starting to think that I'll never have a normal title for these blurbs...

Anyways, if you remember my blurb about my Gap Year, which was literally posted last week I think, I apparently left a good life lesson for the kiddos, according to my mother anyways. Let's flash back, shall we?

Don't feel obligated to go to college straight out of high school. No matter what anyone tells you, no one can make you do anything-you are your own person who is free to live their own life and be as happy as you want. If you don't want to go to college, then that's fine too! If you want to join the Army, then I salute you for your bravery and sacrifice! If you want to work at Walmart, then you shoot for that manager position! Your life is yours to control.

Good times...

Anyways, earlier this week, I got a call from a certain university and got some pretty sweet info about their online Journalism program! Yup, I've decided to do online classes. Why? Well, it goes back to me being an introvert, but there's also other factors that play into it. Such as:
1. I am constantly terrified of being alone to the point where I can't even stay up late by myself.
2. I live in constant fear of being murdered.
3. Room and board can be expensive.

And also to consider the fact that statistically, one out of every seven people you pass (it could be a classmate, a coworker, or even a complete stranger)is likely to have psychopathic tendencies. Feel free to now look at strangers differently!

So, I don't think that I can really tie a moral into this, but I'll try...

If you want to go to college but don't feel like you're ready to leave home, there are lots of options-Many colleges will have most of their degrees on an online program, all you have to do is ask around. Remember that no one can make you do anything, so never feel forced to do something that's going to cause you so much social anxiety you want to lay waste to an entire Walmart with a rusted machete.


Stay sweet everyone!
~Marzipan♥

No comments:

Post a Comment