Sunday, November 15, 2015

My Favourite Things

Hey guys, so with everything that's been going on in Paris and all around the world, I wasn't up for ranting and raving and upon hearing about all of the disasters I've been a bit depressed, but we won't talk on that.

So I figured if there's one thing that makes me happy is the movie The Sound of Music. If you don't know what that is, follow this link and it will tell you all about it.

Anyways, in The Sound of Music, Julie Andrews sings a song about all of her favourite things, and the lyrics go something like this: 


"When the dog bites,
when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad.

I simply remember my favourite things,
and then I don't feel so bad."
So in the spirit of trying to cheer up, I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell you guys about some more of my favourite things! *here we go!*


School Subject
My favourite school subject was unsurprisingly English because it gave me a creative outlet and I was able to freely express myself through my writing.

Month
I don't have one specific favourite month, but I like the time of the year between July (because that's my birthday) and December (because of holidays!)

Place to Shop
I like going to shopping centres (that's called a "mall" here in America) that have stores like JCPennyHot Topic, and Victoria's Secret.
Bath and Body Works scent
This one really depends on the season: winter I like the Cinnamon Caramel Swirl, spring I like Coconut Lime Breeze, summer I like Cherry Blossom, and autumn I like Fresh Picked Apples or Cinnamon.
"Cocktail"
Okay, I have this in quotations because it's non-alcoholic. Remember I'm '97 line and the legal drinking age here is 21. So, I like to mix Strawberry Kool-Aid, Mountain Dew, and Pineapple Passionfruit Soda.
Starbucks Drink
Favourite holiday drink is the Caramel Brulée Latte, and my favourite on the normal menu is the Caramel Macchiato. Yum!
Baked Good
I am madly in love with tea cakes and I desperately want to make my own soon! ^.^-
Disney Princess

YouTuber(s)
Really depends on what I want to watch. If I want to watch funny baking or a week of two British guys scaring themselves, I'll watch Dan and Phil. If I want to watch a systematic playthrough, I will watch Markiplier. Others include Lucas CruikshankTyler Oakley, and Daz Games.
Video Game(s)
Sims hands down, but I also like to play games like Halo and Diablo III.
Saying
"The true secret to seeking the unknown is in the looking, not the finding. The journey is what matters."
-Vincent chow to Josh Gates, "Destination Truth: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter"

And those are some more of my favourite things!

On a serious note:
If what has been happening in this messed up world has made you depressed or angry or whatever, just remember your favourite things, hug your loved ones, and cherish the life you have because you have no idea when you will take your last breath. Force yourself to smile. Drink your favourite drinks, remember funny moments, but please do not wallow in your depression because it will not help you. And if you don't think you have anyone to talk to, please know I will always be available to talk, my laptop never closes, my speakers are never off, my arms are always open. I will not judge, I will not tell anyone, and the conversation won't even leave my bedroom. Please stay safe guys. There aren't tons of you that read this blog, but please know that I love each and every one of you and you are the most important character in your story and you might even be the main supporting character in someone else's: The Castiel to someone's Dean, the Watson to someone's Sherlock, the Merlin to someone's Arthur. You are important. You matter. Please never forget that.


No comments:

Post a Comment