Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Relationships!

So before you judge me based on any relationship you may have, keep in mind that I'm putting myself on blast, not other people necessarily.... *Ahem!* Anyways...

One thing I notice during the holiday season is relationships. Be it boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, or same sex couples (which there's nothing wrong with, it kinda goes with what I'm getting at, I think...), I see them everywhere. And don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a relationship during Christmas. In fact, I tend to notice that this is also the season for proposals and special vacations with your significant other.

Anyway, one question my mother and many others in my life tend to ask me is "Why are you still single? You're beautiful, smart, and funny!"

Well, let me start by saying this: I don't think I'm beautiful. Thanks for your confidence boost, but I don't think I'm even close to cute. Also, I don't think I'm smart, I just use common sense and hope that situations play out in my favour. Now for the "you're so funny"...the only thing I do is point out what other people do, and people find it humorous. That's it.

Now, the main reason I'm single is this: I don't want to be in a relationship. That's it, simple as that. And it's not that I want to be single forever or I've never loved anyone before, it's the fact that today's society puts such an emphasis on outer beauty: your hair, your clothes, your weight, your makeup...basically if you don't look like Barbie and have a body like Minaj or a Kardashian, then you don't fit the mold, and if anyone knows me then you know that I've never really been one to conform to America's standard of "beauty". Plus (this may be a bit of a bomb for some of you, so hold onto your hats!) I identify as an asexual, so it's not something that really piques my interest.

To me, beauty is on the inside. I could care less if a man had six pack abs or a six pack of food, big muscles from working out or skinny arms. And if you guys really wanna know, my ideal guy is very simple: a gentleman who can rock a three piece suit as well as a cardigan, honours his mother and father, and treats me like a queen. He'd also have to be a big Avengers fan.

Now, my ideal date is very detailed and complicated. Are you ready? Write this down if you need to, because here we go: My ideal date is...staying home and watching Netflix and eating either pizza or Chinese takeout under a Loki blanket.

So there you have it: that's why I'm single. Now for all of you reading this that are in a relationship, I'm very happy that you have found someone that loves you as much as you love them! 

There's no moral to this blurb that I can think of...Maybe..
Don't be pressured to be in a relationship just because it's Christmas. Take care of yourself first, find out what you want out of a relationship, and just be yourself! There's no point in putting on an act if you want to spend the rest of your life with this person!

There, I think that'll work!

Stay sweet everyone!
~Marzipan♥

No comments:

Post a Comment